1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!
    Dismiss Notice

Addictive Science Addictive iMew

Discussion in 'Cervelet's Works' started by Cervelet, Sep 30, 2016.

1. F-Frost

F-Frost Katbox Forum Member

Home Page:
    Was thinking the same thing, that blimp could be an actor, barely noticed that it was a blimp!

2. ZrengtayPhenbu

ZrengtayPhenbu New Member

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    = Zreta = CrueltyEX on DA
    the Blimp:

|\ _------_ 
    -(o---   qw)   {No one would ever know it's I who am the greatest adventurer
     |/ ===       who explore everywhere when the Captain naps.]

wwwww
    wwwww

|\ _------_ 
    -(o---   >w)   {But the Captain would never be a Captain without me!]
     |/ ===     

wwwww
    wwwww

(May be a mess viewed from a smartphone. Viewing from a computer is recommended to make it displayed correctly.)

Last edited: Oct 18, 2016
  3. MrAMP

MrAMP No. 1 Fun Guy Community Contributor

Personal Text:
    Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
    [​IMG]
    http://addictivescience.katbox.net/comic/feline-highjinks-1/
    --- Double Post Merged, Oct 19, 2016, Original Post Date: Oct 19, 2016 ---
    Oh Captain my Captain. Your hilarious antics and mannerisms continue to amuse me.

Also, I will say that there has been quite the breakage of fourth walls as of late. If that continues to happen, the comic page itself will break. XD

4. Nixie

Nixie Seal of Approval Staff Member Katbox Comic Artist

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Ort ort ort
    Haha! Nice that she actually noticed art style changes!

5. F-Frost

Home Page:
    Everything looks a bit different in Europe. It's like how everything was in black and white before the 60's.

6. Cervelet

Cervelet Staff Member Katbox Comic Artist

It still is in my comics

7. F-Frost

Home Page:
    Meaning that both addictive science and iMew are happening around the 1960's-
    Well it does have a bit of a cold war feeling to it, lots of questionable advances in science. MIB/FBI all over the place.
    And isn't that Captain a but like a smuggler? Would explain the very questionable iMew phone as well, it's probably highly confidential and extremely radioactive!
    We may never know...

8. Cervelet

9. ZrengtayPhenbu

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Woah, a speaking tako!

10. F-Frost

Home Page:
    Makes me think of this.
    "Ask no questions just do it, now!"
    Love how the life just leaves their bodies when they think of the Captain.

Edit: Yea it looks quite like The Scream.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2016
  11. MrAMP

Personal Text:
    I don’t know why, but the doom face on Lucas so reminds me of that famous painting minus the hands clutching both his cheeks that is. XD I also equally got a kick out of the last panel since Lukas isn’t fazed with any of this at all.

12. Cervelet

given the high-brow and deep, mature storytelling with profound themes Addictive Science is known for, it is only natural to have references to classical arts.

13. F-Frost

Home Page:
    I for one expect no less when I'm enjoying my Shostakovich on LP, and tubes, naturally.
    Now let me just adjust my monocle and fetch some more scotch before we continue fraternizing about the finer arts in life.
    Suddenly feeling really dapper at work.

14. Nixie

Nixie Seal of Approval Staff Member Katbox Comic Artist

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Ort ort ort
    Heeheeeheeeeee... Gotta love how traumatized they are at the mere mention of adventure.

15. Cervelet

16. F-Frost

Home Page:
    Something something: I have (something) less than you (or more)? Friends, lets be happy. And then cute. Skillfully we solved, or is it something like Quickly someone must solve this? Or Shouldn't someone fix this or something.
    So he's happy that he has new friends, thinks Lucas is cute, and wonders if someone ought to fix this?
    I got the "Human Japanese" app way back, a really good time killer imo, but then art happened and now I've forgotten about it. I really need to continue studying that stuff, it's the only language I've had fun studying so far. Sadly I understand nothing...

And it just stuck me how bloody random that squid is, why the heck is it there to begin with!?
    And I wonder who got the extra mass. Itadaki-mass, so dry...

17. MrAMP

Personal Text:
    So the cute beam can turn anyone into a cute animal? Wouldn't that just be a Fennec beam then? XD Seriously, Sammy and Celia re going to get along so well.

18. Cervelet

19. F-Frost

Home Page:
    Err, is that octopus- Oh, sly little bastard that one. They should've saved the pants for Europe it seems.
    And I did feel a bit bad for the genie but then again she's probably used to things like being a fox dart board...

20. Aeri

Aeri Resident Resident spirit expert Gallery Volunteer

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Cat boobs ain't a spreadsheet
    Should've specified "Human"

21. Urien Lævateinn

Urien Lævateinn Knight- Errant

I have to ask. If both these webcomics share the same universe, does that mean the cell phone that caused all the problems was actually made by Celia?

22. Radagast

Radagast Gallery Volunteer

If these webcomics share the same universe, Celia could indeed have been responsible...or it might have been Schmitt. Or Flore. Or Mark. Or someone trying to make Polybus 2.0...

23. MrAMP

Personal Text:
    Yeah…Sammy should’ve been slightly more specific about wanting to change back into a HUMAN rather than being normal. I say that as I suspect that Celia might be teaching Sammy about what is normal lessons. Either that or she wants Sammy to stay as a cute cat.

24. ZrengtayPhenbu

Home Page:
    Personal Text:
    Define normal...
    It's very likely Celia regards Sammy's status as what is normal, just like regarding Mr Finance's Bishounen cat boy form as normal...

25. Radagast

Radagast Gallery Volunteer

Well do recall that she shares residence with a snake girl and a lady with a cat head. Her sister is a dragon demon. Her mentor has opted to remain a fennec and his son/minion is a fennec-taur. Her rival is a...I don't know, a blue bunny with hooves? She's friends with a mouse and bear who rule over a race of singing crabs (and the latter of whom is the elected leader of Atlantis). Her boyfriend(?) (You know, the economics guy) has apparently opted to remain a catboy. And she herself is a mad-scientist specializing in transformation, who semi-regularly visits a magical world both populated by a variety of non-human sapients and which naturally transforms humans into other sapients.

Which is to say: Celia is not the person to ask about what most people would consider normal.