Comic 33: Ramblethorn

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

Tenjen

Lynx Ram
May 19, 2008
Personal Text
half-bah maow's*
He has such an enormous pack.

But Sesame already knew that from earlier

ScorpDK

The Thread Ender
Mar 4, 2011
Personal Text
Welp
You two pulled a Hitchcock cameo on this one :P

Some minor constructive criticism: the characters in the background are rather defined, colorful and somewhat floaty, when they're in close proximity to the BG art houses and wooly-animals. I would like to suggest blending them in somewhat by reducing saturation and add some hint of grey/white (distance fog, or however you want to call it), some also lack shadows below them.
Another neat trick that could work is adding a median noise to them and fade that effect down to 30-50% opacity, making the lines feel less defined and sharp, without outright blurring them.

He has such an enormous pack.

But Sesame already knew that from earlier
That's why he's going where he's going. To reduce the size of that pack a bit :D

Tenjen

Lynx Ram
May 19, 2008
Personal Text
half-bah maow's*
Don't worry sesame, he may be leaving the group, but you will be in his thoughts. Especially in the brothel after earlier.

Phuufy

Super Duper Drawer Person!
The Katbox
Feb 17, 2014
.....spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacee!
Personal Text
Rainbows and Unicorns -- and Giant Super Crab Mechs!
Don't worry sesame, he may be leaving the group, but you will be in his thoughts. Especially in the brothel after earlier.
It may be one of the reasons she is kind of weirded out. Although she shouldn't' be surprised either.
You two pulled a Hitchcock cameo on this one :P

Some minor constructive criticism: the characters in the background are rather defined, colorful and somewhat floaty, when they're in close proximity to the BG art houses and wooly-animals. I would like to suggest blending them in somewhat by reducing saturation and add some hint of grey/white (distance fog, or however you want to call it), some also lack shadows below them.
Another neat trick that could work is adding a median noise to them and fade that effect down to 30-50% opacity, making the lines feel less defined and sharp, without outright blurring them.

That's why he's going where he's going. To reduce the size of that pack a bit :D

Thanks, we are still learning! I will keep that in mind for the future.
Yeah he is lightening up the load on his wallet.. *cough*.

Nixie

Seal of Approval
The Katbox
Jan 19, 2010
Washington, USA
nixieseal.deviantart.com
Personal Text
Ort ort ort
=P Don't freak out, Sesame. You turn him on, but he knows you wouldn't go for a guy like him, so he's politely turning to a different means of relief. He's not as much of a scoundrel as he was originally portrayed as.

Dec 9, 2013
Personal Text
This text is personal to me
That fox girl. In the last panel. I want a better picture of her. Full body. Same outfit. For reasons...

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
Well, while I am sad to see Farron stray from the group, he's definitely staying true to his self. Hopefully, he'll get some sort of discount if he is one of those frequent patron of said facility as indicated by the lovely "entertainer." Also, I'm somewhat surprised that Sesame actually swallowed her pride and ask Farron for tips in fighting. And I was so looking forward to finally seeing some interaction between Claire and Kibbles as we've only seen character interactions with Sesame thus far.

As for the background characters in the first and last panel, I have to agree with ScorpDK to an extant. While I do agree that the characters are rather defined, I actually enjoy that about this page and the previous pages too as it allows for more coloration in the page. Even if the background characters are insignificant, their appearance does add that gaming element in which the characters stand out from the environment, such as in Guild Wars 2 or FF Online. Also, do my eyes deceive me or do I spy a Phuufy and Skidd cameo?