Comic #320 Neighbors

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!
[quote author=Chaos Sepher link=topic=7658.msg186673#msg186673 date=1307053892]Huh, I wonder how much having a demigod for a boyfriend rubs off on her?
[/quote]

It is that or the mecha as a poor balance. Biped is a hard thing to manage. Also, this thing must be built light if you don't want that it collapse on it own weight when you walk or stand. I wouldn't be surprised if it is easy to push it on the ground.

Tootsie n'a pas l'air si surprise que Mora est réussi à la faire tombé.

S.P.P.

ShinigamiMiroku

Katbox Forum Member
Mar 13, 2008
Florida
shinigamimiroku.fanfiction.net
It is that or the mecha as a poor balance. Biped is a hard thing to manage. Also, this thing must be built light if you don't want that it collapse on it own weight when you walk or stand. I wouldn't be surprised if it is easy to push it on the ground.

Tootsie n'a pas l'air si surprise que Mora est réussi à la faire tombé.

S.P.P.
You bring up a good point, Cath, but you're forgetting that cow-Primes are strong to begin with, so part of it is also due to Mora's power. Don't forget that she was easily able to take care of goons at the beginning of the story. :laughTiggs:

I wonder what new outfit Chalo's got on the drawing board for Alej. Usually when they're semi-on-screen like that, it means that the artist has come up with a new outfit for that character.

Ramza Ydoc

Katbox Forum Member
Aug 29, 2008
California
Personal Text
Mostly machine
Okay maybe it's just me or is Tootsie rocking some sideburns there? Firey hotblooded sideburns seething with the power of her manly Mecha passion! Mora's got a point though, exactly how close because she make's it sound like it's under a few acres, which is definitely less than a mile.

better analysis after I've eaten.

Gawayne

Katbox Forum Member
Mar 30, 2011
North Carolina
Whatever it is I bet it's sweet~!

I should've guessed Alej's "ex-best friend" :furyMora: and "new best friend" :happyToots: wouldn't get alonjg. Even so, this does not bode well for Mora.

Zeikier

Jun 10, 2010
zeikier.deviantart.com
[quote author=Ramza Ydoc link=topic=7658.msg186685#msg186685 date=1307055629]
Okay maybe it's just me or is Tootsie rocking some sideburns there? Firey hotblooded sideburns seething with the power of her manly Mecha passion!
[/quote]

Oh...shit yeah I just noticed that. I can totally get behind Tootsie gaining Uncle Go's trademark sideburns, among other cred!

Apr 26, 2007
Arizona
Oh dear. :amazeWT:

The first thing that struck me is, of course, how insanely strong Mora must be. Bovine Primes might be one of the stronger species out there, but I wasn't aware they were this strong. Second, I'm going to agree with a poster above that Tootsie, despite her awesome genius and affinity for science, is being a bit of a bitch. She needs to take it easy with the personality before she finds herself on the business end of a pissed off cow.

Just as I guessed earlier, it seems Alejandra wants to take a crack at agriculture and see if she can compete with the local best. We already know her new vegetable juice product has a tasty formula, but Alej lacks the affinity for manual labor and the will to put physical effort into farming to get the same results as Mora. Least, thats my perspective on all of this.

Josh.C

Katbox Forum Member
Dec 8, 2010
[quote author=White Tiger link=topic=7658.msg186695#msg186695 date=1307063061]
Oh dear. :amazeWT:

The first thing that struck me is, of course, how insanely strong Mora must be. Bovine Primes might be one of the stronger species out there, but I wasn't aware they were this strong. Second, I'm going to agree with a poster above that Tootsie, despite her awesome genius and affinity for science, is being a bit of a bitch. She needs to take it easy with the personality before she finds herself on the business end of a pissed off cow.
[/quote]

Eh, Mora is probably trespassing on Alej's property right now. She certainly wouldn't be a guest if that were the case. She probably should have just walked away from Tootsie's light show.

But having greater strength for ones actual mass is something I thought Primes had in spades. So why is Tootsie so reliant on mech's and machines?

I've often wonder if Tootsie might have studied Empire tech and might be quite weaker then most Primes of her size. I have a feeling that girls like Mora use to bully her a lot. :cryToots:

Apr 26, 2007
Arizona
[quote author=Josh.C link=topic=7658.msg186699#msg186699 date=1307065369]
Eh, Mora is probably trespassing on Alej's property right now. She certainly wouldn't be a guest if that were the case. She probably should have just walked away from Tootsie's light show.
[/quote]

That 'light show' was a supposedly contained, high-powered explosion. If my neighbor was being reckless and exploding land that close to my property, I'd be asking questions, too. Also, just because others say Mora shouldn't be prying doesn't mean she won't. We all know she's the epitome of bold.

EDIT: Also, I am starting to see how Mora's always been obscenely strong. Breaking the disk, smashing down a door with one kick, and taking on Bruce and the guys in the past all seem to point to the fact that either farm life really does do a body good or the bovine Primes are perhaps some of the best for fighting.

Josh.C

Katbox Forum Member
Dec 8, 2010
[quote author=White Tiger link=topic=7658.msg186702#msg186702 date=1307067891]
That 'light show' was a supposedly contained, high-powered explosion. If my neighbor was being reckless and exploding land that close to my property, I'd be asking questions, too. Also, just because others say Mora shouldn't be prying doesn't mean she won't. We all know she's the epitome of bold.
[/quote]

True. Being bold means not walking away from your problems.

However I find her less rude and more of just playing into how she sees herself and Mora. Potential bully and cause of her bosses problems and her as the pip squeak that has a mech now and can turn the tables on all her problems now.

I'd be more concerned if this new project might spoil the environment. I have a feeling that Tootsie doesn't have much skill in that area.

Kranesh

The Dragon Planeswalker
Jan 3, 2011
The Multiverse
Personal Text
Let's have a walk among the planes...
Poor Big Cheese, his pride is on the floor now... oh well, the neighboor wars are about to start!

Ramza Ydoc

Katbox Forum Member
Aug 29, 2008
California
Personal Text
Mostly machine
Righto, lemmy take a closer look at this.

WOW, Tootsie is more irritating than usual. If her usage of the word "like" as punctuation wasn't bad enough this attitude she's pulling is ridiculous. Honestly, who the hell is she calling a freak? Mora isn't the one who cruises around in an EG-2 custom ride armor and sets off HE charges near other people's land.

This all still feels rather petty of Alejandra. Wanting to crush the opposition in a given market is understandable, but buying up land next to your target and then building anything on it is almost as childish as thumbing your nose at the opposition over the fence. Alejandra's a damn smart lass, but her hate seems to have clouded her judgment and maybe even logic. Even if this is land she's had for a long time if she really wanted to spite Mora she'd build a industrial and agricultural waste disposal/processing plant next to Mora's farm rather than her farming set up and move that elsewhere. Unless she is building the drink factory there, to which I applaud her. I support this kind of move. Now if only she could take Ambar down a peg I'd worship her as a god.

Couple of little things I like about this page: The lettering on the sign looks great and as WT said over the last few pages Mora looks damn good in that flannel.

Am I the only one who heard Mr. Rogers in his head when he saw the "Well hello there neighbor."?
I'm getting more of a Wilson vibe from Home Improvement.

Archer

Jun 8, 2010
Actually if she is building the drink factory there it could really come back to bite her on the ass, the property is a looooong drive back to town and the road it is on is so small that when they passed her convoy they were probably almost in the ditch. I don't see a small dirt road working out well for heavy shipping traffic. That is if she's even able to grow the produce without killing it, though having alejandra screaming at inanimate vegetables trying to force them to grow would be amusing.

Unico

Devil on Your Shoulder
Oct 15, 2007
Personal Text
This text is very personal to me.
[quote author=Chaos Sepher link=topic=7658.msg186743#msg186743 date=1307097270]
I just noticed, why does it say Alexandria on that sign and not Alejandra? :blushAlej:
[/quote]

That's the company name.

Belvarius

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 27, 2007
Oologah, OK
Heh, I like Mora shifting the big cheese there. She's a big farm gal and that's a not so subtle hint that she ain't no pushover. Can't wait to see the next comic and Mora's reaction to having Alej as a direct competitor!