Comic 20: Hobo Merchant

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

Josh.C

Katbox Forum Member
Dec 8, 2010

That certainly reminds me of a certain wandering merchant in a game series. All it's missing is the laugh at the end.

Well let's hope he has some good potions at a good price.[DOUBLEPOST=1399700624,1399700175][/DOUBLEPOST]At least they aren't being chased by crazed villagers....Yet! XD

Rock-Scar

AKA Squeaky
Dec 14, 2013
R'lyeh's waiting room
Personal Text
*wilhelm scream*
When I saw the last drawing of Farron, the thought of the Resident Evil Merchant. I then read the his last line and felt a kind of happiness that few ever experience in an entire lifetime. :XDDin:

Josh.C

Katbox Forum Member
Dec 8, 2010
It's more of how she asked then just her boob-size. Though I can see how people can get that impression.
I kind of figured that.

It seems like his personality matched to the person he was dealing with. Sesame got what kind of business she brought to the table. Rude, and to the point. Kibbles got a much more friendly response.

At no time did he say anything that he wouldn't do business with Sesame. He just told her to speed it up as well, his sleep was more important then her business. Kibbles brought her business with a much more polite attitude and got a much better response. I like how they'ye attitude dictates what kind of interaction they get with the merchant here.

Josh.C

Katbox Forum Member
Dec 8, 2010
When I saw the last drawing of Farron, the thought of the Resident Evil Merchant. I then read the his last line and felt a kind of happiness that few ever experience in an entire lifetime. :XDDin:
Certainly has quite the selection, doesn't he? :amazeId:

Josh.C

Katbox Forum Member
Dec 8, 2010
I'm actually kind of wondering about Claire's glasses right now. If she's from a more futuristic setting, could she be seeing more about stuff then what we see because of those glasses?

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
more to do with her mentioning the "buy" word
Yes Tenjen, you are correct! Money is the ultimate motivator for any hobo merchant, for they can use it to buy the company of women. XD

Kidding aside, this is actually an interesting first meeting of our first male protagonist. I'm not certain if he's going to join the party or will be somewhat of that random merchant that shows up from time to time like O'aka XIII from Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 or if he'll actually join the group as their merchant/thief. I'm guessing he's a thief, but I'm not too certain. He must have some sort of stamina if he's able to carry that bag on his back like that.

Merchant.jpg

Also, is he going to have the same accent of Danta? You know, the cajun, southern Louisiana accent. I ask as the use of "ya" does indicate somewhat of a southern accent.

Phuufy

Super Duper Drawer Person!
The Katbox
Feb 17, 2014
.....spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacee!
Personal Text
Rainbows and Unicorns -- and Giant Super Crab Mechs!
Fair enough. I was basing it on the impression I got from him in this pic.
Understandably. He is a bit of a womanizer.

I'm actually kind of wondering about Claire's glasses right now. If she's from a more futuristic setting, could she be seeing more about stuff then what we see because of those glasses?
The visor doubles as glasses,goggles and when used with futuristic technology can give details on the machine's status and processing. Though that aspect is fairly useless in Evyr's setting.

Yes Tenjen, you are correct! Money is the ultimate motivator for any hobo merchant, for they can use it to buy the company of women. XD

Kidding aside, this is actually an interesting first meeting of our first male protagonist. I'm not certain if he's going to join the party or will be somewhat of that random merchant that shows up from time to time like O'aka XIII from Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 or if he'll actually join the group as their merchant/thief. I'm guessing he's a thief, but I'm not too certain. He must have some sort of stamina if he's able to carry that bag on his back like that.

View attachment 678

Also, is he going to have the same accent of Danta? You know, the cajun, southern Louisiana accent. I ask as the use of "ya" does indicate somewhat of a southern accent.
He is very hedonistic in his behavior. As for everything else, you will have to wait and see! :)
No, he does not have a southern Louisiana accent, I always just pictured him with a stereotypical slacker accent with a gravely tone to it.

Dec 9, 2013
Personal Text
This text is personal to me
Kibbles used charm!
The merchant is now cooperative! New shopping location unlocked!
Kibbles Charisma increased to: 57!

Also I see a city in the background. Phuufy! Tell me things!

Phuufy

Super Duper Drawer Person!
The Katbox
Feb 17, 2014
.....spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacee!
Personal Text
Rainbows and Unicorns -- and Giant Super Crab Mechs!
Kibbles used charm!
The merchant is now cooperative! New shopping location unlocked!
Kibbles Charisma increased to: 57!

Also I see a city in the background. Phuufy! Tell me things!
It's the same town the comic started off in, that's where Grinder's Inn is.

Josh.C

Katbox Forum Member
Dec 8, 2010
Pretty interesting how big his bag is though. Either he must have a magical item that makes it lighter or he's got to be surprisingly strong.