Comic #1860: Onto smaller and not so better things.

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

Belvarius

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 27, 2007
Oologah, OK
How did we jump back to a 2012 chapter?
This is later on in the evening after Pif'lak's party. If you are referring to the Zezzuva part, while that was a few years ago for us the readers, in comic time for the characters that is maybe a few months ago at best. Still relatively recent for them and relevant considering what Pif'lak is talking about this evening and the fact that Zezzuva announced during the clan meeting that Hizell was stepping up his activities.

Radagast

Gallery Volunteer
Feb 29, 2012
This is later on in the evening after Pif'lak's party. If you are referring to the Zezzuva part, while that was a few years ago for us the readers, in comic time for the characters that is maybe a few months ago at best. Still relatively recent for them and relevant considering what Pif'lak is talking about this evening and the fact that Zezzuva announced during the clan meeting that Hizell was stepping up his activities.
Actually we can peg it at just about two weeks. Piflak invited Dan to the party immediately after the clan meeting where Zezzuva announced that she was stepping down and everyone learned about Owona's death. And at that point she described it as being in "a couple of weeks".

Keybounce

Katbox Forum Member
Aug 16, 2016
Somehow, I guess humor goes over a little differently here.

I mean, if we were in chapter 38 before, then now being in 28 is either a typo, or else we were intended to go on to 39.

Belvarius

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 27, 2007
Oologah, OK
Actually we can peg it at just about two weeks. Piflak invited Dan to the party immediately after the clan meeting where Zezzuva announced that she was stepping down and everyone learned about Owona's death. And at that point she described it as being in "a couple of weeks".
Thanks for clearing that up Rad. Yes, not a lot of time had really past then in comic so it's not really that odd to see characters discuss things as current events that for us the readers happened quite some time back.

Belvarius

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 27, 2007
Oologah, OK
Somehow, I guess humor goes over a little differently here.

I mean, if we were in chapter 38 before, then now being in 28 is either a typo, or else we were intended to go on to 39.
I finally saw what you were referring to, don't usually read that part of the page so that's what threw me off. I would say it's a typo.