Comic #1831 Power Player

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

Belvarius

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 27, 2007
Oologah, OK

Yeah I can see a certain amount of boldness from the one who killed Hizell's lover. I would still like to know what Quoar wanted to talk to Abel about. Maybe inviting Abel to join his clan? Maybe we'll get to see what it is if he visits Abel in the hospital though I think he'll be a lot more cautious there as he'll have to watch out for Hizell's attempts at spying.

Edit: Just spotted a typo after posting. Quoar said "attenting" instead of attending in panel #2.

Last edited:

Belvarius

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 27, 2007
Oologah, OK
I.... I think Quoar is actually implying that Piflak is to blame for the attack. o_O
Hmmm, iffy. Tapewolf raised a good point over on the other forum: "I'm going to wait and see how this pans out before rushing to judgement. We know practically nothing about him compared to Piflak, whom we've seen in action for a while now. Besides, Piflak's intentions towards Quoar were a bit self-serving anyway, so this might just be a 'touché' moment.

I'm not convinced he knew this would happen. The prime opportunity for attacking Abel was the fact that he went out to the nightclub and then went to a graveyard in the middle of the night. You'd have to predict both those things AND that Hizell would be tracking him closely enough to assault him there. Had Abel stayed put in Lost Lake until the party, things would likely have gone to plan for Quoar (but less so for Biggs and Destania)."

It's extremely unlikely Pif'lak is even aware of Abel's existence except as "oh he's that last surviving member of clan Siar." Plus it's pretty obvious she didn't know Abel was Quoar's +1 and so wouldn't know that Abel was a cubi in need of extra protection. It may be Quoar is trying to goad her into giving Abel a bit of extra protection while he's recuperating/confined to Zinvth. That I could see as a likely possibility especially as Abel seems to be important to a whole lot of people's plans. Heck, maybe he just wants some extra protection for Abel until he's had his talk with him because Quoar's likely aware that Dee still very much wants Abel dead and right now Abel is very vulnerable even if he's likely enjoying some extra layer of Zinvth security courtesy of Kria right now.

Belvarius

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 27, 2007
Oologah, OK
I'm not saying Pif'lak had anything to do with Abel's attack. But I am saying it kinda sounds like Quoar is accusing her. There's a significant difference between being accused and being guilty.
True and after giving it some thought there is one thing I can guess at that he might be basing it on: that that warp aci, oh what was her name, was not with Abel at the time of the attack. No I don't think it could have helped Abel take on Hizell, but it could have provided Abel with a quick means to escape himself after he threw Jyras and Wildy to safety. The only other thing I can think of is: he's trolling Pif'lak for the sake of trolling her. Judging by that smile in the last panel he's definitely enjoying needling her.