Comic #1636: Crouching Scylla, hidden Charybdis.

• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies.
  • The alluring Olivia makes her debut on the Katbox After Dark (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Venture into the beautiful, mad world of The Sprawl! Look into it's darkness and the horror deep within! (Mature audiences only) Click here!
  • Katbox.net uses Project Wonderful ads to pay its server costs and artists can have their own PW ads to let them draw comics for a living. We humbly ask that you whitelist Katbox.net in adblock to support us. Thank you.
  • The Katbox developer Patreon helps us grow as a site! Show your support and earn special forum badges, or access the private subforum where we personally answer your questions or chat about whatever you want! http://www.patreon.com/Katbox
  • Don't miss an update, Guest! Follow us on twitter at @Katbox_Comics to stay in the loop!
  • Come chat with your favorite Katbox artists and fellow community members on our Discord server!

Chaos Sepher

Gallery Volunteer
Mar 2, 2008
New Jersey
So what kind of creature does not know where to fill in his own birthday?

Also, it took me a moment followed by an "OH SHIT!" when I realized who was sitting on the other side.

Lemurvid

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 29, 2014
Land of Tea
Personal Text
Close to the Edge
Also, it took me a moment followed by an "OH SHIT!" when I realized who was sitting on the other side.
Well, she is posing as Biggs' Secretary, so it makes perfect sense for her to be there. Also, of course, she and Abel know one another, so it's probably a very good thing she's in disguise.
Now all she has to do is keep her cool and not disembowel the new applicant...

Lemurvid

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 29, 2014
Land of Tea
Personal Text
Close to the Edge
It isn't the new applicant that she is wanting to take apart, you know...
Ha! Yeah, you know I'd entirely forgotten that Dee was behind the attempted hit on Abel.
I suppose that's because her reasons are INSANE. I mean, she could think of Abel as being the son she never had with Aziz. But that wouldn't really be Dee, would it? I mean when she explains it, it's pretty detached, which only makes it creepier.

And yes. I have just spent an hour finding that, thankyou.

MrAMP

No. 1 Fun Guy
Apr 17, 2011
USA
Personal Text
Too much TMI...Too much TMI!!!
To be fair to the new scientist fellow, I know quite a few scientist that can pretty much dissolve door knobs and locks, melt people’s faces off with lasers, and build massive weapons; however, they have very low emotional IQ and common sense. Case in point… </Scorpion>.

3036367-poster-p-1-walter-obrien-hacking-for-good.jpg

And yeah…someone is about to snap and go on a killing rampage. You can pretty much see the tension there. If not, here’s an image that can help…

Untitled-2.jpg

Please note that the text employed there came from Assassin Creed Syndicate Jack the Ripper.

Kuroko

Jan 19, 2016
don't know if it is too soon to call it or not... but the only creature who wouldn't know how to fill in a birthday would be a fae
That... makes a lot of sense.

My reaction went something like, "Wait, isn't that... yes, yes that is. I wonder how good Jyrras' insurance is."

Belvarius

Katbox Forum Member
Apr 27, 2007
Oologah, OK
A thought I had this evening. Dee, realizing she may never have another opportunity like this, does flip out and attack Abel. Abel, completely caught off guard and likely being nowhere near Destania's equal, promptly gets clobbered. When then have Dee holding Abel up start to monologue while getting ready to give him the finishing blow. However that blow never falls as Jyras snipes Destania from the doorway of his office with one of his experimental non magic bullets which totally works, ripping through any magical defenses Dee might have had against a physical attack and right through her skull. We finish off with Biggs, standing behind Jyras, saying something like "man, now I gotta go hire and train a new secretary."

I think the bullet could actually work. If I remember correctly we saw a while back in the comic that Jyras was experimenting with materials that were nearly 100% magic free and that these materials had some interesting properties such as ignoring the inherent magic of objects they came in contact with. And once again IIRC there was some speculation that these materials could be used for anti creature weaponry since many creatures have an advantage in magic vs beings. Would certainly be a big plot twist though, with a lot of potential 'splainin between Jyras and Dan, not to mention throwing a huge wrench into Dee's planned genocide for the dragons.

R_Riders

Katbox Forum Member
Jan 8, 2014
It took me about 3 seconds to realize who that was on the bottom left panel. My train of thought going something like

"...hey that's...oh...oh f--- me it's HER!" and me being filled with a bit of dread on behalf of not just Abel's safety but that of Jyrass' as well.

I'd hate to see something bad happen to them...Damnit I've grown to like a number of these people a lot, (sans Dee, I can see where she comes from but in that same moment my feelings towards her could be best summarized with an M2 loaded with Mk211 rounds in her direction).

It's going to be ...something how things will actually turn out.

and yes...I'm also thinking that guy may be a Fae.

Here's hoping it dosen't end in tears but...we'll see.